Responsibilities and Duties
The duties of the Task Force include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and provide euthanasia training classes.
- Review the applications, records, performance, methods, and procedures used by agencies and persons seeking to be certified or to renew their certification as a Certified Euthanasia Agency or Certified Euthanasia Technician.
- Conduct written and practical examinations for applicants applying for certification, and authorize certification through the Board.
- Inspect and certify agencies.
- Recommend suspension or revocation of a certification when necessary.
Two types of euthanasia certification are available, Certified Euthanasia Agencies (CEAs) and Certified Euthanasia Technicians (CETs). Chemical restraint drugs and equipment are only made available to law enforcement officers certified as CETs, and employed by Certified Euthanasia Agencies, who receive additional training and certification for using these drugs.