Veterinary Professionals Home
Committee on Humane Euthanasia
- Members - See who are members, when they were appointed and when their term ends.
- Responsibilities and Duties - Animal control officers, animal shelters, and local law enforcement officers often need to restrain or euthanize injured, sick, homeless, or unwanted pets and other animals.
- Certified Euthanasia Agencies - A Certified Euthanasia Agency (CEA) is a law enforcement agency, an animal control agency, or a society for the prevention of cruelty to animals.
- Certified Euthanasia Technicians - Certified Euthanasia Technicians (CETs) play a vital role in the humane termination of the life of an animal.
- Euthanasia and Restraint Procedures - Acquisition of drugs and approved methods of euthanasia.
- Euthanasia and Restraint Training - Proper animal handling to ease trauma and stress, and description and basic mechanism of action of approved drugs.
- Disciplinary Procedures - Failure to carry out duties, abuse of chemical substances, and euthanizing without proper supervision can lead to disciplinary actions.